Dude ranch family vacations are some of the most fun you and your family can have together. They are a wonderful way to enjoy the great outdoors while introducing your family to the joys and splendor of outdoor activities. An all-inclusive ranch vacation can be just what the doctor ordered to bring your family closer together while you relax together around the campfire or discover amazing sights while horseback riding through the mountains.
A guest ranch offers adventure following the traditions of the old west combined with unbeatable scenery and the chance to relax with your family. If you’re looking for a vacation the whole family will enjoy, from grandparents to small children, a dude ranch is where you want to go. Here are the top five activities offered on dude ranch vacations for the whole family.
- Horseback Riding – Horses have fascinated people for thousands of years, and now you and your family can have the chance to truly understand why. Instruction is provided for novice riders along with easy trail rides suitable for just about anyone. Advanced riders also have the chance to really get out and explore with more challenging terrain and longer rides. For the truly adventurous, you can even set up a three day overnight riding excursion into the mountains.
- Eating! – Wholesome, hearty, and fresh fare is what’s provided on a ranch vacation. Food and drinks are included in a dude ranch vacation package and you get more than what you pay for. Original and organic culinary treats are served family style with owners and guests joining each other for a friendly and relaxing meal. More than just old school bar-b-que, modern guest ranches serve a sophisticated fusion of high-end culinary dishes prepared and served with authentic Western hospitality.
- Rafting – Rafting and kayaking are great fun for the whole family. You can take in the awesome sights and sounds of the river while relaxing in a guided raft. Adventurous souls can really get into the experience by paddling your own kayak. Experienced rafters even have the opportunity to participate in more challenging class IV and class V Spring season trips to satisfy their taste for adventure. Bring the whole crew down for a rafting trip and a hike to a truly amazing waterfall.
- Shooting – Clay shooting games, black powder shooting, archery, and hawk throwing are all activities that are included in your dude ranch vacation at Marble Mountain Guest Ranch. You will learn gun safety while experiencing the thrill of shooting clay targets on the shooting range. If you’re up for the challenge, you have the chance to go for your NRA pistol certification as well. The shooting range is available every day of your vacation and children as young as 8 can participate.
- Fly fishing – There’s a casting pond right on the ranch for practicing and multiple rivers teaming with Steelhead and Salmon. Fly fishing for Steelhead trout blends small group sizes of two anglers on a drift boat, drop-jaw Fall season mountain beauty, quiet floats down secluded rivers, and renowned lodge cuisine. You might also bring home a memory of that trophy steelhead doing tail walking acrobatics above the river!
For the best dude ranch vacation you and your family will ever have, come to Marble Mountain Guest Ranch!
We have been family owned since 1968 and have three generations of our family on the ranch to make sure you and your family has the best possible vacation. We are personally involved in all of the ranch activities and would love the chance to show your family the joys of ranch living. For availability or to book your next dude ranch vacation, give us a call at 1-800-552-6284 FREE today!